Looking for a fun new hobby? Then why not spend some time on our fun brain teasers and riddles with answers!
Brain teasers and riddles allow you to test your brain and have some fun while doing so! They are questions, problems or puzzles that are designed to be solved for your entertainment!
Here at The Hobbyts, you will find shorter, easier brain teasers and brain teasers that are longer and more difficult. We also have some really hard brain teasers for those that can (or think that they can) handle them! As life does not always have to be hard, you will also find some really fun riddles with answers.
We give you all of our brain teasers and riddles with answers. However, all answers are hidden at first to really give you the chance to test your brain! Try to solve the brain teasers first and only look at the answers when you think you have found it.
Good luck and have fun!
Our Brain Teasers And Riddles With Answers
You ask a friend to buy a hammer and a nail in the hardware store. He comes back and tells you that the hammer and nail cost $1.10, and that the hammer cost exactly one dollar more than the nail. How much does the nail cost?
When do you know for sure you are overweight?
It is green and when you press a button it turns red.
A company has 10 machines that make doors. Currently it takes the 10 machines 10 minutes to make 10 doors. The company wants to doulbe its number of machines. How long would it take these 20 machines to make 20 doors?
Since the 10 machines together finish the 10 doors in 10 minutes, each machine makes exactly one door in 10 minutes. So if the company has 20 machines that each make one door in 10 minutes, they will all together complete the 20 doors in 10 minutes.
Why does the Queen of England have a pink telephone?
Why do you always find what you are looking for in the very last place you would look?
Two Fathers and Two Sons go out fishing. Every man catches one fish, but they only catch 3 fish in total. How is that possible?
A man is trying to cross a river with a bag of bread, a chicken and a fox. His raft is only big enough to take himself and one other item per trip. The chicken cannot be left alone with the bread or it will eat all of it. Likewise the fox cannot be left alone with the chicken, as he would eat it. How does the man get all three items across the river? He can take as many trips across the river as needed…
- He takes the chicken across the river first, leaving the fox and the bread together.
- The man returns with an empty raft to the fox and the bread.
- The man takes the fox across the river.
- The man swaps the fox with the chicken and returns to the bread.
- The man swaps the chicken with the bread and crosses the river to the fox.
- The man leaves the fox and the bread and returns to get the chicken.
- The man crosses the river to the fox and the bread with the chicken. Now all four are on the opposite side of the river.
What is harder to catch the faster you run?
What belongs to you but others use it more than you?
There are 26 gold marbles and one fake gold marble made of iron. The fake marble looks and feels totally identical to the real ones, the only difference is that the fake one, being made of iron, weighs more than a gold marble. Using an ordinary balance with two plates, only three times, how can you find the fake marble?
- First, you need to seperate the marbles into three groups of three marbles. Then you need to balance two of the groups against eachother. This will determine which group contains the heavier iron marble. If one of the groups on the balance is heavier than the other, that’s the group with the iron marble. If both groups have the same weight, then the third group is the group with the iron marble.
- Then you can divide the group with the iron marble into three groups of three marbles. You then weigh two of the groups against each other and just like in step one this will determine which group contains the heavier fake marble.
- Finally you take the group of three marbles that contains the heavier marble. You then weigh two of the three marbles against each other. You can then follow the samelogic as before to determine which one of the three marbles is the iron marble.
You see a boat filled with people. You look again, but this time you still see the boat (it has not sunk) but you don’t see a single person on the boat. Why?
If you feed me, I live. But if you give me a drink, I will die. What am I?
What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
A man is riding on a road towards a city and stops at a fork in the road. At the fork, there are two identical twin brothers standing there. One of the brothers always tells the truth and the other always lies.The man is only allowed to ask one question to one of the brothers to find which is the correct road to the city. What is the question the man should ask?
“If I ask your brother if this is the correct road to the village will he say yes or no?”
If he answers is “no” then it is the correct way to the village.Why is that?
If the brother that the man speaks to is the one who always lies, then he will say “no” as he knows that his brother who speaks the truth would anwser “yes”. If the brother he is speaking to is the one who speaks the truth, he will say “no” as he knows that his brother will lie about it being the correct road.
What’s bigger than you, but doesn’t weigh anything?
Donald ‘s mother has three children. The first child was named March. The second child was named April. What was the third child ‘s name?
What falls, but does not break, and what breaks but does not fall?
A prisoner is convicted to the death penalty. He is told the following: “If you tell a lie we will hang you; if you tell the truth we will shoot you.” What can he say to still save himself?
What is it: you can take away the whole but you still have some left over?
I have no beginning, no end and nothing in the middle. What am I?
In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads that doubles in size every day. If it takes 100 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half the lake?
A musician’s brother died but the man who died had no brother. How could this be?
The person who created me does not want to use me.The person who buys me does not want to use me.The person who actually uses me will never even see me.What am I?
How can you put an elephant in a fridge in 3 steps?
- Open the fridge
- Put the elephant in the fridge
- Close the fridge again
How can you put a horse in a fridge in 4 steps?
- Open the fridge
- Take the elephant out of the fridge
- Put the horse in the fridge
- Close the fridge again
We hope you had fun solving (or trying to solve) some of these brain teasers and riddles! If you are looking for other fun things to do then check out this post that explains why reading is actually a very good hobby.